Friday, February 11, 2011

Playcentre ... Doing lots then, again not much



My daughter was very excited about cutting open this odd vegetable...we are not sure if it was a cross of some sort. Pumpkin and Zucchini? She has been playing Play Tycoon so she really understood what I meant when I said they were crossed....and was very excited.

My son spent a long time putting pumpkin seeds into one container then another then back again.

My daughter wanted to stand on the head of her shadow.

My son was let loose at Playcentre with a drill...all the other children quickly picked up their work so he could not make any holes.

My daughter tried out a lovely head of coloured curls.
Very proud of putting in her own nails.


I feel like I've been rushing and then not. I feel like I've been doing a lot then not. My son is in the middle of a growth spurt or teething or some issue....I'm feeling very stretched and tired...I know its only a phase but I can't wait for it to end.
As much as what I love Playcentres ideas there are many of us with many different parenting styles...ways of treating others....and some times it sucks your energy faster than what you can replace it.
Playcentre really lead me to unschooling...child lead learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment