Monday, August 2, 2010

Learning the art of cooking

I feel like I spend so much time in the kitchen.
I love food and cooking.

A few years ago I really wanted to find a microwave play dough recipe as the stove top one allays gummed up my pots so well.

Our recipe is
1 salt
2 flour
2 water
3 cream of tartar
3 oil

Cook 2 mins
Mix
Cook 1 min
Mix
Cook 2 mins

Then add color and 1 tbsp of vanilla

Muck around with the cooking times...we tried to dissolve the salt the other day before adding any flour and that worked really well too.
We make up many different colours and then have fun mixing the colours

Once the play dough gets old use it for volcano workshop with dish wash, baking soda and vinegar.

I try to get the children involved as much as I can when I cook. Its messy and some times scary but feeling comfortable with my children using knives and cooking over a hot flame is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment