Thursday, October 20, 2011

Learning with music and dance

We joined a homeschool class in Mangawhai. Bit of a trip but I feel both our children have loved it. DD is still very unsure of it all as its new and is very worried that I'm going to leave her there (oh my goodness its driving me nuts...but I think I've pined down her worry as her best friends Mother is over seas for a month).
Anyway.
I loved the way that (teacher) is singing and helping the children learn about colours and numbers and sounds.
So I brought the Singing Phonics which seems to be the same program and ideas as what is used in the 'lesson'.
Both my children loved the part of Jolly phonics where they were doing actions and singing and they really get it.

I was siting with Dave last night and thinking...we as humans have been using song and dance as a way of learning and remembering since the beginning of time....why do we not use it much now?

I think it will take a little while for me to get a few things together as visual aids but I think that will make it all the more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment